Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Cows, Cows, Cows on the Beach!

There's a song I heard often this past year in Korea, one that my students liked to sing every now and then, that has a chorus line of "Sex, sex, sex on the beach!" For some reason that line from the song came to mind the other day when I had no other option than to share my beach space with a few cows.

The cows roam as freely in this country as people--though, you may not be surprised to hear that since they are, after all, sacred over here!! The beach is always dotted with cows, it's really quite cute. The other day, I was on the beach with three friends, two of whom made up a little shelter from some sarongs. A cow wandered up, stopped in front of their shelter, and stared at me with its long eye lashes for about three minutes. Then, out of nowhere, it started peeing only inches away from the corner of my friend's blanket in the sand. The cow, once relieved, then moved over to my other friend and myself and must have decided that it liked us because it plopped itself down right next to us in the sand. Not long after, another little black cow followed suit and soon we had two cows sunbathing with is. Needless to say, we were the center of several people's cameras for a little while. Too funny. Check it out:







1 comment:

  1. Um, I love picture #3.

    You look pretty great too ;) So happy.

    ReplyDelete