Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Picking Up the Pieces and Starting Fresh



Five years after this trip, I revisited this blog because I am (finally) about to start traveling again... And I see that I never finished the Nepal/Annapurna Circuit trip report. Oh well! Below is everything I had typed up in a draft--the rest of the details are either in a travel journal stashed away somewhere, in my brain stashed away somewhere, or gone forever. Regardless, there is one thing I know for sure: This hike in Nepal was one of the most special and memorable things I have ever done in my life.

So, I'll leave these last few pieces of my memories here as I start getting back into blogging because... drum roll please... Jamaica, Ireland, Thailand, and Myanmar, here I come!


Day 17: Bamboo to Macchapucchre Base Camp (MBC) (3,700m); 8.5 hours
This day became an especially long one due to a two-hour rain delay starting around 10:30am. We got to the village of Himalaya just after it started, so we sat down for tea thinking it'd be gone soon. Oh, were we wrong. It rained... And rained... And then rained some more. It even hailed for a few minutes. Trekkers slowly gathered in the restaurant as the hours passed. Finally, when we were tired of being couped up and cold, we decided to go for it. It continued to rain, but lightly so it was manageable.

Day 18: MBC (to Annapurna Base Camp; 4,130m) to Bamboo; 4.5 hours (plus the early morning hike to ABC)


Day 19: Bamboo to Jhinu; 5 hours


Day 20: Jhinu to Kyumi and bus to Pokhara; 3.5 hours walking

No comments:

Post a Comment