Sunday, January 8, 2012

Malaysia Photos

Cendol (pronounced "chendol") is amaaaazing. Shaved ice, condensed milk, little green tea rice cakes, occasional black bean... Or, you can opt for the durian variety (not my favorite) and several other variations. It may sound not so appetizing, but I was in love the moment my lips first touched this sweet and refreshing desert.



A little guy I found on a walk along the river in Melaka.



I was resting in the shade on this bench when this mother and her two daughters came and sat with me. They were very curious to chat with me and take photos with me--though, as you can see, the youngest daughter took no interest in me at all :)



A little taste of Melaka:







The famous night market:





Batu Caves:












I spent an hour or so in the Islamic Arts Museum in Kuala Lumpur one hot afternoon--and came away very impressed. This is some 500-year old Quran from Iran, I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment