Friday, January 6, 2012

A Wanderer

I like to wander. I suppose wandering gives me the excuse to escape to the comforts of my brain, where I find myself more often than not (I attribute my incredibly poor memory to this, because regardless of what I'm doing or who's talking to me, I'm usually having an affair on the side with my brain and can rarely actually remember much from when I'm doing this--which is almost always).

Wandering gives me precious time for observation, something I've always enjoyed (it happens when you're an extremely shy child, but always in tune with your surroundings even if you've been sitting silently for hours). Wandering in new and foreign places, with unfamiliar sights and sounds and smells and tastes--that's what I really love. And that's why I find myself in India now. It's why I fell in love with travel after my first solo trip to Central America. It's why I've wandered myself over to Asia and still find myself here two years later--and counting.

I'm no writer, but writing about my experiences while traveling is soothing for me. It helps me re-live beautiful--and not so beautiful--moments from my life 'on the road.' These are MY experiences, MY thoughts, MY observations. They elicit my feelings and my reflections.

So, a new blog to add to the list of those that started a few years back while I was in Guatemala, trying my best to be true to myself. Me. On Being True.

No comments:

Post a Comment