Thursday, January 19, 2012

Varkala Photos

Welcome to Varkala...

A masala dosa. One of my favorite dishes of all in this country (this photo doesn't really show what it is, sorry):



My first sunset on the beach with all the Indian tourists:












I couldn't help but observe this woman helping up an elderly woman... They walked down to the water and put their feet in the Arabian sea before walking off again :)







In a lot of places, you can get beer but it's not exactly legal... Perhaps because the restaurants don't have licenses or whatever. Either way, this place served their beer in tea pots! My first Kingfisher beer in India up on this cliff, in a lovely white tea pot, with my British friend Leon:





Leon and me, my first real buddy in India:







An afternoon at the zoo in Trivandrum, after leaving Varkala and before going to Munnar up in the hills:



Their teachers were making them wave; they didn't seem to mind :)

No comments:

Post a Comment